This particular course will also include a workshop on HOW TO – exchange information using the classification standard using Revit, Navisworks and WinQS. This will give delegates a more in-depth understanding of categorisation in design , the process in which ideas and objects are classified, recognized, differentiated, and understood when working with Navisworks and WINQS and contractor using Microsoft Project and CCS Candy on the project.
Through the two day training programme, you will get to understand the entire BIM life cycle and how other countries globally implement BIM standards. You will also be guided through each of the major project stages, from the strategic definition of the project , the BIM execution plans right through to handover and end of use. At each stage the trainer will demonstrate how to balance technical requirements with management skills so you are confident in implementing BIM information exchange process.
By the end of the course, you will have embedded the methods required for you to execute BIM on a project ; and will have the ability to successfully set up the classification structure that all team members will require on the project.
Who is this course for?
Professionals with at least 5 years of experience in managing projects within the built environment including: Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Building Surveyors, Asset Managers, Facilities Manager, Architects and Engineers, Cost Engineers, BIM Manager, BIM Coordinator and Construction Project Managers
This course will support you in your journey to becoming a BIM professional, but does not guarantee this.
This outlines journey to becoming a BIM certified professional, and how this course fits in to that journey.
COURSE LAYOUT AND TIMES
08:00 COURSE START
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling
- Overview of global BIM standards, classifications and education programs currently offered in other countries.
10:15- 10:30 TEA BREAK
Defining the BIM Responsibilities & Roles on a project
- People and technology involved in BIM
- Importance of Model Ownership
- Model delivery process
- Who should be the BIM Manager and their tasks on a projec
12:30- 13:30 LUNCH
How to setup and manage a common data environment
- First Principals of Level 1 a Common Data Environment platform
- Factors to consider when setting up an information management system
- System functionality and CDE requirements
- Sharing Information Setup and workflows
- How to use the classification system
- Applying a classification standard using Revit, Navisworks, Candy and WinQS.
08:00 – 10:15
The Pro’s and Cons around Project Delivery Methods with BIM
- How does BIM function on three most used project delivery methods
- A proactive approach and implementation stages for BIM on a project.
- Implementing a BIM strategic plan and execution plan (BEP) and workflows
10:15- 10:30 TEA BREAK
BIM BOIL ToolKit
- Main BIM tools for AEC industry
- BIM software File Formats used on projects
- Starting the information exchange process at various stages of the project
- Information Models requirements among different disciplines
12:30- 13:30 LUNCH
BIM Delivery Process and Standards
- What needs to be presented to a client when offering BIM
- Where to start when implementing a BIM Plan
- The Purpose of the BIM Execution Plan on a project
14:30- 14:45 TEA BREAK
BIM in estimating and construction
- Quantification and Electronic Take-off in BIM
- Pitfalls of 3D models when transferring data to a 4D and 5D environment.
- Benefits of BIM planning and forecasting for Contractors
16:30 – COURSE FINISHES
Stand out with a BIM Professional Certification
- Earn an industry-recognized BIM credential that helps prove your skill level on projects.
- Accelerate your professional development and help enhance your credibility and career success.
- Validate your skills and join an elite team of BIM professionals.
- Display your BIM certified certificate, use the BIM Academy logo to highlight your achievement and get noticed by listing your name in the BIM Institute registered professionals database.